Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Introducing Nikolay Georgiev
  • Hello Friends,

Recently I stumbled upon OSE and wanted to learn more by making an Overview of the project and sharing it with people. Thus far, the best technological and visionary project I've seen.

I love the combination of the best things from different spheres of our live and I love to share and give to people and nature what I can. This is also my vision for an integrated and meaningful way of life.

Here is the link to the Team Culturing Information for some specific OSE question-answers.

Currently, I am helping the Team Culturing Survey, a little bit with some Wiki pages, forums and other the web infrastructure.

I am grateful for the current status of the project and let's develop it further! :)

Greetings,

Nikolay

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Changes after quiting my job

Quiting my job turns out to be the right decision. Right now it is the fifth day since then, and every day brought so many new things with it.

On the same day I quit my job, people offered to support me in what I am doing, to teach me, to give me temporary place to be and to connect me with people who are already doing what I would like to do. Amazing! Without me asking!

On the second day as I was sitting in the office, a thought came to my mind that actually I will really be building machines! So I searched for welding courses in Munich, where I am currently living. I found the do-it-yourself house, 500m from my work and registered for 4 courses in Mai: basics of welding, different kinds of welding, metal manipulation and CNC machines. There I met a guy who loved the concept the Open Source Ecology and we had a good conversation.

On the third day, after exchanging emails with Marcin, it was obvious that it is possible to go to Factor E Farm, the farm where Open Source Ecology started, and I decided I will do it.

On the forth day, I was moving from Munich to Karlsruhe, and met for about 1 hour some OSE friends from Stuttgart. It was really nice to be able to connect with like-minded people. All these days, I was working full time at my old job, and in the free time - helping OSE, speaking with friends, preparing my leaving from Germany. I could sleep about 5 hours a day.

Now is the fifth day, and I submitted the OSE application for the Open Knowledge Conference in Berlin. I hope we can present this important project to a lot of like-minded people and exchange ideas on how we can develop a more open/shared world. Next, a lot of Team Culturing surveys and Interviews are waiting me.

Opening to existing opportunities

In all these days I noticed how much more open I am to do what I would love to do. Much more open to be practical and taking action NOW. And hidden possibilities were now opened to me. Before I thought that I was open to want I like and love, but now there is a real power behind it!

What is next?

If everything goes well, I will go to Factor E Farm (FeF). I would LOVE to do this. The project is just too important not to be supported. I encourage you, if you feel that you are aligned with it, to support it in the way you would love to!

What do I need?

Before I go there, there are few things I will need to learn and experiment with:
    • CAD Design - for documentation of the machines. I will need to learn professional software like SolidWorks 2010. Unfortunately we don't have a full featured open source CAD alternative suitable to our needs.
    • Video Editing - for documenting the projects at FeF. I was recommended Lightworks, Kdenlive and VirtualDub. Do you have experience with them or others? I use Ubuntu.
    • Welding - I already registered for 2 courses in Munich, Germany.
    • Torching - still under question how I can learn it.

Food - at the moment we don't have a person who is taking care of the food production at FeF, so everybody has to take care of it by their own. That's sad. Does anybody wants to join and help us? We need a person who is a farmer, but who can also fix and repair the agricultural machines we are producing.

Conclusions

It is so exciting to follow your dreams, not only just to dream, but to GO and ACT. Definitely changes are much stronger when one listens to his heart and acts!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged