Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Micro Sawmill
  • I did a design for a simple, low-cost starter sawmill. It's made entirely of parts you can find in a hardware store + a used bicycle, and can be assembled without a lot of special tools. The main GVCS sawmill is sized for high production, but not everyone needs that much capacity. Size is variable depending how big a log you want to cut.

http://openfarmtech.org/wiki/Micro_Sawmill

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • I had a look at your sawmill.  I'm curious why you chose that blade or cutting method?  I guess the blades would be cheap to replace?  Compared to a simple continuous blade setup, I think your reciprocating mechanism will be more complex to build and will likely be prone to mechanical failures.

What do you think?

The Dawg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged