Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Fun Resources to Expand Thought
  • Here are some great resources from TED Talks.
    Dave Meslin- Antidote to Apathy
    David Christian- Big History
    Ken Robinson- Changing Education Paradigms
    Eric Whitacre- A Virtual Choir 2,000 Voices Strong
    Yochai Benkler- Open Source Economics
    Cameron Sinclair- Open Source Architecture

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • About an hour after I wrote this, I realized that merely posting the videos was not of much use and that I should have explained why I felt each was a significant resource. I will do that now.

Dave's talk discusses the idea that the primary obstacle to action is not apathy, but elements of human systems that interfere with information acquisition and response.

David asserts that the capacity to store and transmit information is an evolutionary leap from being a mere animal.

Ken talks about how modern educational systems were designed for an industrial age, as we are moving beyond that, we need to reconsider education.

Eric provides a practical demonstration of the power of social networking when it is combined with action. Moreover, his project shows that a multitude of small contributions can create something rather significant.

Yochai, who also wrote an interesting book (The Wealth of Networks), gives an introduction to the Open Source Economy.

Cameron illustrates a physical application of Open-Source blueprinting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion