Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Downtime caused error page on our wiki
  • It was reported to me that our main wiki page was showing an error message:

"This is a cached copy of the requested page, and may not be up to date." (in red).

I loaded the page but it was working for me. Then I verified that our database server (MySQL) had been down for about 4 minutes.

I logged off and reloaded the main wiki page - this time, the error message appeared to me.

It happened so because we have enabled $wgUseFileCache, which makes MediaWiki cache static pages for non-logged-in users to reduce database traffic. During the time the database server was down, MediaWiki created some cache files with invalid content.

To fix the problem, I have deleted the html cache directory to force a rebuild.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged