Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Greetings!
  • I viewed Dr. Marcin Jakubowski's TED Talk and did some further research, I absolutely love the idea of open source tech for the betterment of humanity. I became rather excited when I heard in another presentation that his farm was located in Kansas City, MO...which is where I live! So I embarked on a quest to find a way to talk to him about this directly, as I would be more than willing to dedicate time and energy to his farming projects in return for nothing more than the knowledge I would gain on farming.

However I am also a big fan of open source, and tech in general. I will be more than likely a lurker in these forums, but I do have some ideas incorporating the Arduino platform in regards to growing foods. My general principles are growing a sustainable amount of food while maintaining a conservative approach to nutrient supplements, water consumption and overall energy consumption used during the growing process.

Anyways, thank you for the community, I look forward to seeing how it evolves! :)

-AJ

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hello Raav,

I'm brand new as well and just browsing the intros. I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the farm as I'm too far away to get there myself and have the experience first hand (for now)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged