Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
harvey lacey
  • Inventor.

I'm the inventor of the recycled plastic blocks for houses.

I tried this earlier and it floated like a brick, er, uh, compressed earth block.

I have an open source product that I want to share with the like minded.  It's a concept with two components.  First one is a manual machine.  The second is a method for building a house that uses a little bit of all the other sustainable building systems out there.

You can see more http://www.recycledplasticblockhouses.com

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Just read through your site, that's really quite impressive, keep up the good work mate!

• Hello Harvey.

I also had a look at your site. I am not an expert on building materials so I can't really comment there other to say that I think a denser more compressed block would probably be easier to deal with.

What I would like to say though is there could be a slight problem with the way you have designed the ram. Basically, the ram needs to have 3 or 4 inch skirts to keep it from tilting. If it was to tilt, it would put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Acme screw and the thrust bearing assembly. The screw should only have to push, not keep the ram straight.

We certainly need to think up ideas just like this. Good for you.

The Dawg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion