Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
GVCS is Minecraft and Farmville IRL!!!
  • Hi! I heard about GVCS just a few hours ago, and found the page http://openfarmtech.org/wiki/GVCS_game.

Wouldn't it bee cool if the GVCS game was a sandbox game like minecraft? At first you start with nothing, but instead of building fictional things (like in minecraft) the game simulates building the GVCS machines. And with the machines you can later build your own farm village and have your own business (like in farmville).

I believe such a game could be educational and highly addictive at the same time.

So what do you think?! :)

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Freaking love minecraft. would be a awesome way to teach how to use the tools.

• Haha, not a bad suggestion. However, as a manual labourer, I am well aware there is a huge difference between building the USS Enterprise in Minecraft while sitting on your butt and building a tractor from scratch. It would be a cool way to introduce the ideas and concepts of OSE for people unfamiliar with it. Also could be a good way to show rather than tell how the economic paradigm of wage-labour is fundamentally different from the resource based economy suggested by OSE.

• Thanks for your comments! I'm really looking forward to see what the OSE community can accomplish in the future.

I would love to bye a desert island some day and start my own economy from scratch with GVCS as the blueprint. :P

• Would be even cooler if you could just bypass the island all together and live on a boat and get all the raw material you need by filtering sea water.

edit: I don't know, I think your'e suggesting a machine construction/civilisation simulator more similar to Gmod and Dwarf fortress rather than minecraft and farmville. you're post made me curiously horrified of what kinds of things people may create if they had infinite production and creative freedom as I've seen giant gold statues shaped like sexual organs in sandbox games such as minecraft gmod and spore.

• @Kristian, Perhaps choose a desert island with a natural spring so you don't die of dehydration right off the bat. Or a dessert island...

Do you have the ability to make this little flash game?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged